£0.00 0 items

No products in the cart.

Betws y Coed 2017 First Edition

£3.99

Betws-y-Coed (“Prayer house in the wood”) is a village and community in the Conwy valley. Betws-y-Coed is one of the honeypot locations in Snowdonia. It lies in the Snowdonia National Park, in a valley near the point where the River Conwy is joined by the River Llugwy and the River Lledr and was founded around a monastery in the late sixth century. The village grew very slowly with the development of the local lead mining industry.

In stock

Product Description

Betws-y-Coed ("Prayer house in the wood") is a village and community in the Conwy valley. Betws-y-Coed is one of the honeypot locations in Snowdonia. It lies in the Snowdonia National Park, in a valley near the point where the River Conwy is joined by the River Llugwy and the River Lledr and was founded around a monastery in the late sixth century. The village grew very slowly with the development of the local lead mining industry. In 1815, the Waterloo Bridge, built by Thomas Telford to carry the London to Holyhead road (now the A5) across the River Conwy and through the village, brought considerable transport-related development. Construction of Betws-y-Coed railway station in 1868 heralded the arrival of the railway line from Llandudno Junction railway station and resulted in the village's population increasing.